Because the program makes a significant financial investment in its participants, it is necessary for participants to discern if School of the Spirit is right for you at this time. Consider the following discernment questions before you apply:
- Are you able to attend all sessions?
- Do those you are responsible for (work, staff, members to whom you report) know of your interest in School of the Spirit? Is there anyone with whom you need to have a conversation before beginning? Any support staff/lay leadership you need to put in place should something arise? --- because it will! What, if anything, would you need from them to participate fully and freely?
- Consider the same questions in regard to your family.
- Are there any current priorities you need to consider re-arranging, or special circumstances you need to
consider to be able to fully participate?
Applications for Cohort 10 are encouraged by February 1, 2019
- Participation is open to all denominations and limited to 24 clergy/ministry professionals (church staff, spiritual directors, health care professionals and leadership of Christian non-profits).
- To apply, please submit the following online application. If you prefer to download and mail the application form, click here.
- With an impressive paid “wait list,” we anticipate more applications than spaces available.
- Applicants will be notified of selection decisions by March 1, 2019. Accepted participants will receive a detailed agenda, reading and engagement list, directions to Starrette Farm, and more in the weeks prior to our first retreat together.
- If you are reading this after the application due date, PLEASE contact Ann Starrette at Starrette@mindspring.com for availability. Often times, life happens and a spot opens up.
- PLEASE MAIL your non-refundable registration deposit of $50 (check or money-order) made payable to Davidson UMC with “School of the Spirit” on the memo line (your check is your receipt)
- If you did NOT register online, complete the downloadable application and mail with your payment.
- Mail to: School of the Spirit, Ann Starrette, Program Director, P.O. Box 1288 Troutman, NC 28166
- Early Deadline for Registration is February 1, 2019
Questions? Contact program director, Ann Starrette, at Starrette@mindspring.com or 704-488-5825.